What to do after a flood – San Francisco CA
What do I do after a flood?
- Stay away from flood waters. The water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline or raw sewage. The water may also be electrically charged from underground or downed power lines.
- Stay away from moving water. Moving water only six inches deep can sweep you off your feet.
- Be aware of areas where flood waters have receded. Roads may have weakened and could collapse under the weight of a car.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them to the power company.
- Stay away from disaster areas unless authorities ask for volunteers.
- Continue listening to a battery-powered radio for information about where to get assistance for housing, clothing and food.
- Consider your family’s health and safety needs. Wash your hands frequently with soap and clean water if you come in contact with flood waters. Throw away food that has come in contact with flood waters. Listen for news reports to learn whether the community’s water supply is safe to drink.
- Contact your insurance agent and Allied Restoration Company to help clean up!
Allied Restoration Company is a full service restoration company specializing in restoration of structures due to water damage. We help mitigate flood and mold damage in homes as well as contain and remediate mold.
We have a wide range of clients and can likely help YOU! Our list of clients includes residential and commercial property owners, real estate agents, facilities managers, adjustors, HOA and management companies and general contractors.